Canada's Blue Ant Media to Buy CBC's Bold TV Channel
The acquisition is the latest by former Alliance Atlantis Communications CEO Michael MacMillan as he continues his return to Canadian broadcasting.
TORONTO – Michael MacMillan’s Blue Ant Media has inked a deal to acquire the digital channel bold from a cost-cutting Canadian Broadcasting Corp.
Terms of the deal for the Canadian cable channel, which airs dramas, sports and comedy shows, were not disclosed, and the transaction is conditional on the CBC, Canada's public broadcaster securing varied licensing and regulatory approvals.
Once completed, the takeover will continue a buying spree at Blue Ant Media, which is led by MacMillan, a former CEO of Alliance Atlantis Communications until he cashed out in 2007.
MacMillan has since returned to broadcasting by acquiring GlassBOX Television and High Fidelity HDTV Inc. and its four premium high definition channels - Oasis HD, eqhd, radX and HIFI.
“We definitely see a lot of opportunity with the channel, while also expanding our array of channel offerings,” MacMillan said Friday in a statement.
bold currently serves around 2.6 million subscribers countrywide.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR