Canada's City Picks Up NBC's 'The Million Second Quiz'
The acquisition comes as another NBC broadcast reality show, "America's Got Talent," gains momentum on the Canadian network.
TORONTO -- Canadian broadcaster City has picked up NBC's The Million Second Quiz to kick off its fall 2013 schedule.
The acquisition of the Ryan Seacrest-hosted TV competition series comes as another NBC broadcast reality show, America's Got Talent, has momentum on City.
The Million Second Quiz, a live competition series taking place over 12 days and nights from Sept. 9 on City, will see contestants battle one another in trivia bouts.
Elsewhere, America's Got Talent is up on City with the eighth season as it nears a finale.
The NBC variety competition series has an average audience on Tuesdays this season at 1.6 million total viewers, up 33 percent from last season for the summer to July 28, according to BBM Canada data.
America's Got Talent's results show on Wednesdays is drawing 1.4 million total viewers on City, up 19 percent this summer to July 28, compared to the last season.
After The Million Second Quiz launches, City will also air this fall other popular U.S. series like Modern Family, Chuck Lorre’s Mom, The Crazy Ones (starring Robin Williams), the cop comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Super Fun Night.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR