Canada's Cookie Jar Inks Content Deal With Sorpresa!
The Canadian cartoon factory will develop joint projects with the U.S. Hispanic kids channel, and supply classic cartoons from its library vault.
TORONTO – Canadian cartoon factory Cookie Jar Entertainment has inked a supply deal with Sorpresa!, the U.S. Spanish-language kids network.
The Hispanic network, run by Florida-based Olympusat, will also work with Toronto-based Cookie Jar to jointly develop new projects.
Cookie Jar will also make available to Sorpresa! classic cartoon titles from its vault, which include The Busy World of Richard Scarry, Arthur and Strawberry Shortcake.
The output deal with Cookie Jar will help the Spanish-language channel continue reaching out to U.S. Hispanic children by offering bilingual programs and new content.
Sorpresa! currently reaches 1.5 million subscribers, via cable providers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, including Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Charter and Cox.
The Canadian animation producer earlier started targeting the U.S. Hispanic TV market as the exclusive North American licensing agent for the Mexican Lucha Libre AAA wrestling promotion.
And Cookie Jar also distributed the first English-language Lucha Libre AAA TV series in the U.S. market.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)