Canada's CTV Orders New Seasons of 'Saving Hope' and 'The Listener'
Despite a slow build stateside, the Erica Durance and Michael Shanks-starring medical drama is back for another 13 episodes on Canadian TV.
TORONTO – Despite a quiet bow stateside, Canadian broadcaster has ordered another season of NBC’s Saving Hope from Ilana C Frank Films and Entertainment One Television.
The top-rated Canadian network also ordered a fourth season of The Listener, or another 13 episodes, from Shaftesbury Films.
The Saving Hope medical drama, which stars Erica Durance and Michael Shanks, also received a 13-episode order for a second cycle on CTV after it reigned as the top-rated Canadian series this summer in primetime.
“We're excited that Canadian audiences have responded to Saving Hope with such enthusiasm," said executive producer Ilana Frank of Ilana C Frank Films, who created the Canadian drama.
The first season of Saving Hope portrayed a chief of surgery (Shanks) whose sudden illness left the medical facility in chaos, and his doctor wife (Durance) in shock.
CTV has a track record developing Canadian dramas on U.S. networks such as Flashpoint, The Listener, which briefly aired on NBC, and now Saving Hope
Canadian producer Entertainment One handles the international distribution in all media for Saving Hope, including all television, DVD/Blu-ray, VOD and digital.
The series is produced by Ilana C Frank Films, with Entertainment One, in association with CTV and NBC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'