Canada's David Cronenberg, Sarah Polley Snag DGC Award Nominations
The Canadian filmmakers will compete against Jon Cassar ("24") and Jeremy Podeswa ("The Borgias") at the Directors Guild of Canada Awards in October.
TORONTO – Canadian filmmakers David Cronenberg, Jon Cassar, Sarah Polley and Jeremy Podeswa were nominated Thursday for Director Guild of Canada awards. Cronenberg snagged a DGC nomination for A Dangerous Method in the best movie direction category, where he’ll go up against Polley for Take This Waltz, Michael Dowse for the hockey fighting drama Goon and David Weaver for the Samuel L. Jackson-starrer The Samaritan.
The best TV movie direction competition saw Cassar score a nomination for The Kennedys, as he goes up against Charles Biname for Cyberbully, Paul A. Kaufman for Magic Beyond Words: The JK Rowling Story and Jeff Woolnough for The Wrath of Grapes: The Don Cherry Story.
And the best TV series direction category sees Podeswa snag two DGC nominations, one for his work on The Borgias and another for Camelot, while Kelly Makin earned a nomination for Flashpoint and David Straiton got one for is work on The Firm.
A complete list of DGC award nominees is available at www.DGC.ca.
The 2012 DGC Awards are to be handed out on October 20, 2012 in Toronto.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR