Canada's DHX Media Inks Content Streaming Deal With LoveFilm in the UK
The SVOD service from Amazon's European digital media subsidiary will get access to classic series like "Dennis the Menace," "Inspector Gadget" and "Sonic the Hedgehog."
TORONTO – Canadian kids TV producer DHX Media has inked a distribution deal with the LoveFilm streaming service in the UK for nearly 1000 half-hours of library content.
Halifax-based DHX Media, which recently acquired Care Bears owner Cookie Jar Entertainment, will supply classic TV shows like Inspector Gadget and Dennis the Menace to the SVOD service of Amazon's European digital media subsidiary on a non-exclusive basis.
LoveFilm will also offer its members DHX library series like Mona the Vampire, Paddington Bear and Sonic the Hedgehog.
“We are noticing that more of our customers than ever before are using our streaming service as a quick and easy way to entertain their families, so naturally the addition of shows such as Mona the Vampire and Paddington Bear is an exciting prospect for us,” Jim Buckle, managing director at LoveFilm, said in a statement Wednesday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR