Canada's DHX Media Takes Foreign Rights to Nick Jr.'s 'Yo Gabba Gabba!'
Zodiak Rights formerly handled the Canadian preschool series that airs in 50 territories worldwide and is produced by W!ldbrain Entertainment.
TORONTO - DHX Media has acquired the foreign broadcast and licensing rights for Nick Jr.’s Yo Gabba Gabba!
The pre-school series, whose international rights were previously with Zodiak Rights, is produced by DHX Media subsidiary W!ldbrain Entertainment.
The move to bring the international rights in-house comes as DHX Media looks to secure new markets for Yo Gabba Gabba!, and raise its profile in existing ones.
The Emmy award-winning series is already in 50 territories, including with Nickelodeon in the UK, Australia and Italy, ABC Australia, Tiji in France and Disney throughout Latin America.
Besides the live-action TV series, Yo Gabba Gabba! includes a live stage show that appeals to parents and music lovers.
Halifax-based DHX Media recently acquired rival kids TV producer Cookie Jar Entertainment as part of a cash, stock and debt deal worth US$114 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR