Canada's Edyson Entertainment Inks First Look Deal With Content Media
The Toronto-based producer is also opening a Los Angeles office to be run by former Alliance Atlantis executive Ed Gernon.
AMSTERDAM – Canadian indie producer Edyson Entertainment has opened a Los Angeles office, and is now backed by a first-look deal with Content Media.
Toronto-based Edyson, recently launched by veteran producer Alyson Richards (Living in Your Car, Quality Balls), has named Ed Gernon to head up the Los Angeles office.
The Canadian producer will collaborate with Content Media, including TV president Greg Phillips as distributor, to develop and produce script dramas and mini-series for the world market.
Edyson also becomes the latest Canadian producer to open a U.S. office in search of a scripted fare that work in English-speaking markets, including North America and the UK.
“It’s a strategic relationship that offers unique access to the world market as well as the intelligence and perspective that only a truly global company can provide,” Richards said Tuesday in a statement.
Gernon spent 12 years at Alliance Atlantis Communications, most recently as executive vp of movies, minis and motion pictures.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR