Canada's Entertainment One Sells 'Peppa Pig' to Asia
The Canadian producer secured sales to Taiwan, Hong Kong and Thailand for the British pre-school series that earlier launched on Nick Jr. in the U.S.
TORONTO - Entertainment One has sold its popular Peppa Pig kids TV property into Asia.
The Toronto-based producer has sold the UK-originated pre-school series to Eastern Broadcasting Corp.’s Yo Yo pay TV channel in Taiwan, where conventional broadcaster PTS also acquired the Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom and Lost and Found series for its platform.
And TVB in Hong Kong acquired Peppa Pig and Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom, while in Singapore Mediacorp snapped up Peppa Pig, Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom and the Tractor Tom series for the Okto channel.
And in Thailand, Cineplex acquired Peppa Pig, Humf and Tractor Tom.
Peppa Pig launched on Nick Jr. in the U.S. market, ahead of a major North American licensing and merchandise push for the successful kids TV property.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'