Canada's Entertainment One rebrands
Toronto-based E1 will restructure into four units
TORONTO -- Canadian distributor Entertainment One is restructuring and rebranding itself E1 Entertainment as it looks to expand into new territories following a string of acquisitions in North America and Europe.
Toronto-based E1 will recast itself into four units: E1 Films (film production and distribution), E1 Television, E1 Music (its Koch music production/distribution business) and E1 Distribution (home entertainment).
During the past two years, E1 has diversified away from wholesale music and DVD distribution into filmed entertainment, in part through the acquisitions of U.K. distributor Contender Entertainment Group and Benelux distributor RCV Entertainment.
E1 Entertainment CEO Darren Throop said that the name change and rebranding aims to make his company more recognizable at international markets while helping extend its key focus on content ownership and global distribution.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR