Canada's eOne and The Cartel Ink First Look TV Deal
The Canadian producer gets access to new TV creative blood as it handles worldwide distribution for all scripted and unscripted properties.
TORONTO - Canadian producer Entertainment One has inked an exclusive first-look deal with rival producer and management company The Cartel.
The agreement will see the North American partners develop, produce and distribute scripted and unscripted TV projects, including series and MOWs.
As part of the deal, Toronto-based eOne will produce and handle worldwide distribution for all TV properties.
Their development slate includes Company Men, created by Alphas co-creator Michael Karnow, Becoming Sherlock, by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments), Facing Demons by Flash Gordon showrunner Peter Hume, Blended by showrunners Efrem Seeger and Lara Embry, and Terror Inc., a horror anthology by Dan Angel, Eric Patterson and Jessica Scott. “
We’re incredibly excited about this partnership. eOne’s expertise and infrastructure align with our strategy to bring the most creative people in the business together to make innovative and compelling television and then get it in front of audiences across the globe,” said Stan Spry of The Cartel in a statement Wednesday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR