Canada's Shaw Media Buys MGM's 'Viking' Scripted Drama
The stateside History channel has also acquired the Irish-Canadian co-production from writer/creator Michael Hirst.
TORONTO – Canadian broadcaster Shaw Media has picked up MGM’s epic Vikings drama for its History Television channel.
The Irish/Canadian co-production comes from Toronto-based Take 5 Productions and UK partner World 2000.
MGM has worldwide distribution rights outside of Ireland and Canada.
Stateside, AETV has licensed Vikings to bow on its History channel in summer 2013.
MGM’s first scripted drama is to be shot in Ireland and northern Europe, and comes from Roma Khanna, president, television group and digital at MGM, a former Canadian broadcast executive.
The Vikings drama was created and written by Michael Hirst (The Tudors).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR