Canada's Space Channel Cancels 'Primeval: New World'
The Sara Canning-starring dino drama, a Canadian spinoff of the ITV sci-fi series, will not be returning to the network after a rookie-season run.
TORONTO -- Canada’s Space channel is not giving a second-season order to Primeval: New World, the local spinoff of the Primeval sci-fi series on ITV.
Space-parent Bell Media said it will not renew the Sara Canning and Neil Matter-starring dino drama from Omni Film Productions and British partner Impossible Pictures.
Weak ratings explain the decision to allow the Canadian-British co-production that used extensive elements from the British sci-fi drama to go the way of the dinosaurs on Space.
The series, which sees Canning play a predator-attack expert and Matter an inventor and visionary hero, is still to air on Syfy stateside after a sale by international distributor Entertainment One.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR