Canada's Space to Simulcast 'Dr. Who' With BBC America and BBC U.K.
The Sunday afternoon broadcast will unveil Matt Smith's replacement as the Twelfth Time Lord.
TORONTO – Local sci-fi channel Space will, on Sunday, unveil Matt Smith's replacement as the Twelfth Time Lord in a rare simulcast with BBC America stateside and BBC One in the U.K.
Space will air the live, commercial-free TV special Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor at 2 p.m., while the BBC mounts its prime time special across the Atlantic.
The half-hour show will announce the new Tardis traveling Time Lord performer in front of a live studio audience.
The seventh season of Doctor Who secured an average audience of 627,000 Canadian viewers on Space, making it the most-watched series ever in the Canadian channel's history.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting