Canada's W Network Grabs 'The Audience' Format
ITV Studios Global Entertainment sold the Canadian broadcaster the format about a troubled person at the crossroads of life turning to 50 people for advice.
TORONTO – ITV Studios Global Entertainment’s The Audience is coming to Canada as part of a format deal.
Corus Entertainment’s W network has tapped Force Four Entertainment to develop the international format from indie The Garden for a 2013 airdate.
ITV GE acquired The Audience as part of its first look deal with The Garden, the BAFTA award-winning team behind One Born Every Minute.
In The Audience, one troubled participant in each episode has a life-changing decision to make, and is followed for a week by 50 ordinary people to help solve their dilemma.
A local version of The Audience recently launched in Denmark, and another is also in production by ITV Studios France for TF1.
ITVS GE additionally sold the format to RTL4 in the Netherlands.
W Network has acquired earlier ITV GE formats, including Come Date With Me, set to premiere in winter 2013, and Come Dine With Me, which is now on air.
The Canadian sale of The Audience was brokered by Merrily Ross, vp of format sales for ITV GE.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR