Canadian Government to Netflix's Rescue Over Web Fees
7:19 AM PST 2/1/2011 by Etan Vlessing
Federal government to review regulatory ruling that forces smaller ISPs to introduce usage-based billing.
TORONTO – Netflix has an unlikely friend in Ottawa as local cable and phone giants look to thwart the U.S. subscription streaming giant by imposing web usage caps.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile