Canadian Indie Thunderbird Films Opens Los Angeles Office
Former Porchlight Entertainment exec Joe Broido will head up the Hollywood base as executive vp, while Jeffrey Engelen serves as senior vp of distribution.
TORONTO – With Lionsgate founder Frank Guistra taking a major stake in Thunderbird Films, the Canadian indie producer is opening a Los Angeles office.
Former Porchlight Entertainment producer Joe Broido will join the Hollywood office as executive vp, with former Myriad Pictures exec Jeffrey Engelen comes on board as senior vp of distribution.
Additionally, Danielle Kreinik has been named manager of development.
The appointments follow Vancouver-based Thunderbird ramping up as a TV production and distribution company, and forming a TV production partnership with Lionsgate Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera