Canadian 'King's Speech' Vendors Donate to Japan Earthquake Relief
Alliance Films and Canadian exhibitors will donate select "King's Speech" receipts Saturday night to Japan relief efforts.
TORONTO – Canadian exhibitors and indie distributor Alliance Films are to donate proceeds from select The King’s Speech screenings on Saturday night to the Canadian Red Cross for Japan’s earthquake and tsunami relief efforts.
Toronto-based Alliance Films, which released the Oscar-winning picture in Canada, and Cineplex Entertainment, Empire Theatres and AMC Theatres will divert all box office proceeds from, in all, nine early evening screenings in major markets to the Canadian Red Cross.
The King’s Speech took the top audience award at the Toronto International Film Festival last September, before earning the best motion picture award at the Academy Awards.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR