Laura Vandervoort to Star in Canadian Sci-Fi Drama 'Bitten'
The "Smallville" actress will play a female werewolf in a series for Space to shoot in Toronto in April 2013.
TORONTO – Smallville’s Laura Vandervoort has taken the lead role in the Canadian sci-fi drama Bitten.
The Canadian actress will perform the role of Elena Michaels, a female werewolf, in the upcoming series from No Equal Entertainment, Hoodwink Entertainment and Entertainment One.
The 13-part man vs. beast series is based on the Kelley Armstrong book series Women of the Otherworld.
The series, executive produced by J.B. Sugar, will start production in April 2013 in Toronto.
Vandervoort's Bitten casting was announced at Toronto ComiCon, and additional cast announcements will be unveiled in the coming weeks.
Her lead character, having grown up as part of a werewolf pack, lives in Toronto as a photographer and finds her world beginning to crumble as she is caught between two worlds and two loves.
"Laura has complexity and strength, and is also very relatable, making her the perfect fit for a character struggling to maintain the life she desires, while fighting against who she really is, and for those she loves," said Corrie Coe, senior vp of independent production at Space-parent Bell Media.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR