Candy Spelling Sues Building in Condo Dispute (Report)

8:32 AM PST 03/02/2013 by Aaron Couch
Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images

Aaron Spelling's widow, who purchased two floors in the Century tower, claims the building has not delivered promised amenities.

Candy Spelling is not a satisfied customer.

The widow of late producer Aaron Spelling is suing the L.A. condo building the Century tower over her $35 million condo, TMZ reports.

As The Hollywood Reporter reported in October, Spelling is renovating two floors purchased for $35 million in the building. But now she says the Century has not held up its end of the bargain in providing amenities it promised her.

According to Spelling, the owners of the building in providing amenities it promised her. According to Spelling, the owners of the building have not made concessions to compensate her for the lack of these amenities. Among the promises Spelling says were broken was a restaurant, which was supposed to open Jan. 1 but hasn’t.

Chef and restaurateur David Myers opened an Asian fusion restaurant, Hinoki the Bird, last month at the rear of the building. It is unclear if there is another restaurant Spelling was referring to in her suit.

Other famous residents of the Century include Paula Abdul and Nobu Matsuhisa.

VIDEO: Million-Dollar Remodel: The Hollywood Reporter’s Showhouse Unveiled

Spelling is also involved in a legal fight with the Carlyle, where she is living while she awaits the completion of renovations at the Century. In a lawsuit against the Carlyle, Spelling charges the building’s management with trying to force her out prematurely. She also says she has been double-billed for utilities. Not remaining silent, the Carlyle is suing her for eviction.

Spelling released a memoir, Stories from Candyland, in 2009.

comments powered by Disqus