Cannes 2012: Nikolaj Lie Kaas Cast for 'Keeper of Lost Causes'
The first feature in a four-film crime franchise, “Keeper of Lost Causes” starts shooting this October.
CANNES - Danish actor Nikolaj Lie Kaas will play the lead in The Keeper of Lost Causes, the first film in a planned four-feature crime franchise based on the so-called “Department Q” bestsellers by author Jussi Adler-Olsen.
Lie Kaas will play police detective Carl Morck. Together with his partner, Morck gets involved in a five-year-old cold case involving a missing woman. Their investigation leads them on a journey across Scandinavia, as they track down a psychopathic killer.
A box-office champ at home, where his credits include local blockbuster A Funny Man (2011), Lie Kaas is also a known commodity internationally, with supporting roles in features such as The Whistleblower (2010) and Angels and Demons (2009).
Mikkel Norgaard (Clown – The Movie) has signed on to direct The Keeper of Lost Causes from a script by Nikolaj Arcel, who penned the script to the original Swedish The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
TrustNordisk is pre-selling the film in Cannes and has already signed deals with NFP in Germany and Frenetic Films in Switzerland for all four titles in the “Department Q” franchise.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott