Cannes 2012: Nikolaj Lie Kaas Cast for 'Keeper of Lost Causes'
The first feature in a four-film crime franchise, “Keeper of Lost Causes” starts shooting this October.
CANNES - Danish actor Nikolaj Lie Kaas will play the lead in The Keeper of Lost Causes, the first film in a planned four-feature crime franchise based on the so-called “Department Q” bestsellers by author Jussi Adler-Olsen.
Lie Kaas will play police detective Carl Morck. Together with his partner, Morck gets involved in a five-year-old cold case involving a missing woman. Their investigation leads them on a journey across Scandinavia, as they track down a psychopathic killer.
A box-office champ at home, where his credits include local blockbuster A Funny Man (2011), Lie Kaas is also a known commodity internationally, with supporting roles in features such as The Whistleblower (2010) and Angels and Demons (2009).
Mikkel Norgaard (Clown – The Movie) has signed on to direct The Keeper of Lost Causes from a script by Nikolaj Arcel, who penned the script to the original Swedish The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
TrustNordisk is pre-selling the film in Cannes and has already signed deals with NFP in Germany and Frenetic Films in Switzerland for all four titles in the “Department Q” franchise.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing