Cannes 2012: Anthony Hopkins and Andy Garcia to Film 'Hemingway & Fuentes'
After writing the script with Hemingway's niece Hilary and recruiting Hopkins and Annette Bening for key roles, Garcia will start shooting his passion project in January.
Andy Garcia’s passion project centering on author Ernest Hemingway is finally a go.
Financing has been set on Hemingway & Fuentes, with filming scheduled to begin in January.
Anthony Hopkins and Annette Bening are attached to star in the project with Garcia, who is directing. Garcia also co-wrote the screenplay with Hilary Hemingway, the author’s niece.
Edward Walson of Sunrider Productions, who was involved in Garcia’s City Island, is supplying the financing. The film will be produced by Garcia and his CineSon production company in association with Walson’s Sunrider Productions.
The Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group arranged the financing and will handle domestic distribution for the film. Cargo Entertainment will handle foreign sales at the Cannes Film Festival.
The script chronicles the relationship between Hemingway (Hopkins) and his Cuban fishing-boat captain Gregorio Fuentes (Garcia). The friendship is key in his writing one of his greatest works, The Old Man and the Sea. Bening will play the author’s third wife, Mary Welsh Hemingway.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10