Cannes 2012: Canadian Filmmaker Ron Mann to Direct Robert Altman Doc
Submarine Entertainment is shopping the feature documentary about the late American director that has Altman's widow on board as a consultant.
TORONTO – Veteran Canadian filmmaker Ron Mann is to direct Altman, a feature documentary about the late American film director Robert Altman, for Sphinx Productions, EPIX, Canadian pay TV service The Movie Network and sales agent Submarine Entertainment.
The deal, unveiled in time for the Cannes Film Festival, was negotiated by David Koh, Dan Braun, Josh Braun and Stanley Buchthal for Submarine Entertainment and Dakota Group, along with Mann of Sphinx Productions.
The documentary will follow Altman from growing up in Depression-era Kansas City to receiving in 2006 an honorary Oscar to recognize his long and iconoclastic career.
Mann will also produce Altman, with the maverick director’s widow, Kathryn Reed Altman, and Matthew Seig, a film producer who worked closely with Altman, on board as consultants.
Submarine Entertainment will be shopping the film in Cannes, with completion set for mid-2013.
The Canadian documentary will also be accompanied by a touring exhibit, an illustrated companion book and music soundtrack.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR