Cannes 2012: French Distribution Label Ad Vitam Picks Up 'Miss Lovely'
The Un Certain Regard selection is helmed by Indian director Ashim Ahluwalia.
Indian director Ashim Ahluwalia's movie debut Miss Lovely, set to take its world premiere in Un Certain Regard, has inked a French distribution deal with Ad Vitam.
The French distribution label, whose release slate this year includes Take Shelter, directed by Jeff Nichols and Benoit Jacquot's Farewell My Queen, snapped up Ahluwalia's film from Fortissimo Film Sales.
Ad Vitam's Gregory Gajos described Ahluwalia's film as repping "the new wave Indian cinema."
Ahluwalia, who previously directed a documentary John and Jane, produced Miss Lovely under the Future East banner along with Shumona Goel, Sanjay Shah and Pinaki Chatterjee.
The movie stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui (KAHAANI), Niharika Singh (former Miss India), and Anil George and is set against the colorfully garish, seedy, and exotic backdrop of Bombay's "C" movie business of the 1980¹s. It was a time when the underbelly of Bollywood churned out sleazy social dramas, campy horror films and erotic bandit pictures with titles such as Dolly Darling and Lady James Bond.
Ahluwalia's film tells the tale of two brothers immersed in this universe who eventually turn on each other in what is billed as a sordid tale of betrayal, doomed love, jealousy and revenge.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR