Cannes 2012: IFC Films Picks Up ‘Sightseers’ for North America
Ben Wheatley’s dark comedy premieres Wednesday in the Directors’ Fortnight section of the Cannes Film Festival.
CANNES - IFC Films has acquired North American rights to director Ben Wheatley’s dark comedy Sightseers, which will premiere Wednesday in the Directors’ Fortnight section of the Cannes Film Festival.
Written by Alice Lowe and Steve Oram with additional material by Amy Jump, the film stars Lowe and Oram as two travelers on a caravan trip through the British Isles.
A StudioCanal, Film4 and BFI presentation of a Big Talk Pictures production in association with Rook Films, Sightseers was produced by Nira Park, Claire Jones and Andy Starke and executive produced by Matthew Justice, Jenny Borgars, Danny Perkins, Katherine Butler and Edgar Wright.
"We've been looking for a comedy as original and hilarious as our past successes In the Loopand The Trip, and we are thrilled to say we have found it in Sightseers,” Jonathan Sehring, president of Sundance Selects/IFC Films, said.
The deal for the film was negotiated by Arianna Bocco, senior vice president of acquisitions and productions for Sundance Selects/IFC Films with Ben Roberts at Protagonist on behalf of the filmmakers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'