Cannes 2012: K5 Boards Mira Nair's 'Reluctant Fundamentalist'
The terrorist thriller, based on the novel by Mohsin Hamid, stars Riz Ahmed, Kate Hudson and Kiefer Sutherland.
COLOGNE, Germany - German/Brit group K5 has taken world sales duties on terrorist thriller The Reluctant Fundamentalist from acclaimed Indian helmer Mira Nair (Monsoon Wedding).
The drama, which K5 will first pitch to buyers at the Marche du Film in Cannes next month, is an adaptation of the best-selling novel of the same name by Mohsin Hamid. It focuses on Changez, a young Pakistani man working on Wall Street and eager to join the American elite, whose life is fateful changed by the September 11 attacks. He begins to take a more radical path.
British actor Riz Ahmed (Four Lions) stars as Changez, with Kate Hudson playing his love interest Erica. Kiefer Sutherland and Liev Schreiber also star. The Reluctant Fundamentalist is currently in post.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game