Cannes 2012: Liam Hemsworth Drama 'Love and Honor' Sells to Germany’s Universum
"The Hunger Games" actor leads the love story helmed by first-time director Danny Mooney.
CANNES – Universum has picked up German rights to Love and Honor, the romantic drama starring Liam Hemsworth, the Australian actor who plays Gale Hawthorne in the global blockbuster The Hunger Games and upcoming sequel Catching Fire.
Directed by first-timer Danny Mooney, Love and Honor is described as a love story in the tradition of films like The Notebook and The Lucky One. Hemsworth plays a soldier who secretly returns home from the war to try and win his girlfriend back.
The Universum agreement marks the first major territory deal for the title for Lightning Entertainment, which are selling Love and Honor in Cannes’ Marche du Film. ICM and WME Global are representing the film in the U.S.
Lightning Entertainment also sold Love and Honor to Eagle Films for the Middle East. Eagle did a two picture deal with Lightning, also securing mid-East rights to 3D animated feature Kikoriki: Team Invincible.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche