Cannes 2012: Paul Verhoeven's 'Tricked' Pre-Sold to Three Countries
The drama with the tag line "lies always backfire" focuses on a real estate tycoon and womanizer whose life gets turned upside-down.
CANNES - Tricked, the latest film from Dutch director Paul Verhoeven (Total Recall, Basic Instinct), has been pre-sold to a number of territories, Film Content Company Europe said here on Monday.
FCCE closed pre-sale deals with D’Vision for France, Activers Entertainment for South Korea and At Entertainment for Japan.
The drama with the tag line "lies always backfire" focuses on a real estate tycoon and womanizer played by Peter Blok (Black Book). His business partners are scheming behind his back and one of his lovers shows up uninvited - and pregnant - at his birthday party thrown by his wife.
Verhoeven used social media to gather contributions from fans on the screenplay.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR