Cannes 2012: David Cronenberg's Son Brandon Picked for Un Certain Regard Lineup
His first film "Antiviral" will be seen in the popular festival category, while his father's "Cosmopolis" is part of the competition.
PARIS -- Cannes Film Festival artistic director Thierry Fremaux whetted the cinema world's appetite by revealing the titles chosen for the Un Certain Regard sidebar at a press conference Thursday in Paris.
This year’s lineup features an anticipated selection of titles.
David Cronenberg’s son Brandon Cronenberg will screen his first film, Antiviral, in the category. Gustave de Kervern and Benoit Delepine's Le grand soir, starring Benoit Poelvoorde and Albert Dupontel, will screen in that section as well. Also sure to cause buzz in Un Certain Regard is Sylvie Verheyde’s Confession d’un enfant du siecle, starring unlikely the screen duo of Charlotte Gainsbourg and Pete Doherty.
Catherine Corsini’s Three Worlds, starring Raphael Personnaz and Clotilde Hesme, also will represent France in the category.
Also set for the sidebar is Beasts of the Southern Wild, which won the grand jury prize at Sundance in January.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR