Cannes 2012: THR's Daily Day 3
Guillermo Del Toro to helm "Pinocchio" and Liam Neeson to star in "Tombstones".
Today's stories from the Cannes Film Festival include:
Guillermo Del Toro to Helm Pinocchio:
Del Toro has taken up directing duties on a new stop motion 3D puppet version of the classic fairy tale Pinocchio, backed by the Jim Henson Company.
Liam Neeson to Star in Tombstones:
The long-gestating A Walk Among Tombstones is finally a go, snagging Neeson as the lead and Scott Frank in the director’s seat. Exclusive Media and Cross Creek Pictures revealed the news Thursday when announcing they have struck a broad three-year development, 50-50 financing and producing deal.
FilmDistrict Takes Dead Man Down:
FilmDistrict has acquired U.S. Distribution rights to Dead Man Down, a romantic thriller from director Niels Arden Oplev (The Girl wit h the Dragon Tattoo) and writer J.H. Wyman (Fringe) from IM Global. The project, which is being financed by IM Global and WWE Studios, stars Colin Farrell, Noomi Rapace, Terrence Howard and Dominic Cooper.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR