Cannes 2012: Tiberius Snatches Mickey Rourke-starrer 'Java Heat,' 'The Side Effect' With Liv Tyler
The German independent acquires five titles on the eve of the Cannes market.
CANNES - German indie distributor Tiberius Film has snatched up a handful of titles ahead of the official opening of Cannes' Marché du Film, taking German rights to IM Global's action crime drama Java Heat starring Mickey Rourke and Kellan Lutz; the horror sci-fi feature The Side Effect with Liv Tyler from Celluloid Nightmares and Epic Pictures' thriller The Aggression Scale.
Tiberius also nabbed Lionsgate's comedy The To-Do List starring Rachel Bilson (O.C. California) and Gaumount's French crime drama Paris Countdown.
"This is a wonderful start to this year's market," said Wolfgang Carl, a managing partner at Tiberius. "There is a huge variety of films on the market and I'm delighted that we have secured tittles with an excellent cast and a high value within their respective genres."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR