Cannes 2012: VVS Films Takes Schwarzenegger's 'Ten' For Canada
Open Road will bow gritty cop drama from "End of Watch" director David Ayer in the U.S.
CANNES - Canadian distributor VVS Films has picked up cop thriller Ten starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. The deal was negotiated between Ernie and Harry Grivakis of VVS Films and Bill Block and John Friedberg of QED, which are financing and producing the film. David Ayer, who helmed Street Kings (2008) and the upcoming cop drama End of Watch with Jake Gyllenhaal, is attached to direct. VVS also has End of Watch in Canada. Open Road recently picked up Ten for release in the U.S.
PHOTOS: Cannes 2012: The Market's Most Outrageous Movie Posters
The Ten acquisition adds another big mainstream title to VVS' slate. The Montreal-based indie distributor recently secured Arbi. Ten is part of QED's ambitious slate, which also includes Neill Blomkamp-directed Elysium, starring Matt Damon and Jodie Foster, which Columbia Pictures will release stateside and the crime thriller I, Alex Cross for Lionsgate, starring Matthew Fox, Ed Burns, Tyler Perry and Rachel Nichols. QED got a fresh injection of capital this week when Bill Block's Media Content Capital invested a mid-eight figure sum in the production, financing and sales operation.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR