Cannes 2012: ‘In Your Name’ Takes Cannes L’Atelier Honor
The project from Dutch director Marco van Geffen will be the second in his planned Vinex Triology that started with “Among Us.”
Cologne, Germany – In Your Name, the new feature from Dutch director Marco van Geffen (Among Us) has won Cannes’ L’Atelier prize for best project. The Cannes L’Atelier selects fifteen in-development projects each year and helps arrange meetings between the projects’ filmmakers and interested industry professionals.
In Your Name is set in a newly built town in Holland and focuses on a Dutch couple who – with their new house and new baby - believe they have achieved their dreams. But when the baby dies suddenly, their lives are torn apart.
Van Geffen co-wrote In Your Name with Jolein Laarman, his screenwriting collaborator on van Geffen’s feature debut Among Us. In Your Name is conceived as the second film in the director’s planned Vinex Triology about the drama of the “happy family.”
Lemming Film is producing In Your Name with backing from the Dutch Film Fund. Elle Driver is handling world sales. The film is expected to deliver for Spring 2013, with Cineart handling release in the Benelux territories.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR