Cannes: Abigail Breslin to Star in the Thriller 'Peste'
Octane, IM Global's genre label, will finance the movie about a contagious virus that Mark Ponderai will direct from Barbara Marshall's screenplay.
Abigail Breslin is set to star in Peste, a thriller about a contagious virus sweeping through a small town that Octane, IM Global’s genre label, is financing and shopping at Cannes. The film, to be directed by Mark Ponderai (House at the End of the Street) and produced by Sheryll Clark (Cloverfield), is scheduled to begin production in September, IM Global’s CEO Stuart Ford announced.
Peste is based on Barbara Marshall’s screenplay, which appeared on the Black List, the Blood List and the Hit List in 2012.
Breslin, a supporting actress Oscar nominee for 2006’s Little Miss Sunshine, will play a teenager confronting a virus that turns friends and neighbors into vicious monsters. Quarantined with her family, she believes they are out of harm’s way until the contagion infiltrates their home.
Breslin, repped by ICM and Lichter, Grossman, Nichols, Adler & Feldman, will next be see in Summit/Oddlot’s Ender’s Game and The Weinstein Co.’s August: Osage County.
“Abigail is one of the outstanding talents of her generation. Her recent standout performances in genre hits like Zombieland, The Call and the forthcoming Ender’s Game make her a perfect fit for Peste,” Ford said.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills