Cannes: Alambique, Carmen and Contact Film Join Distribution 2.0 Initiative
The joint marketing project launched by the Match Factory brings international distributors together to collaborate on the promotion and release of arthouse titles.
COLOGNE, Germany – Polish distributor Alambique, Russia's Carmen Film and Dutch group Contact Film have joined Distribution 2.0, the collaborative distribution and marketing project launched by German world sales group The Match Factory last year.
The trio join the current group, which includes Europa International, U.S. distributor Strand Releasing, Mexico Canana Presenta, Cinefil of Hungary and Taiwan's Joint Entertainment. The group's goal is to find innovative ways of promoting and distributing arthouse titles. Earlier this year, Distribution 2.0 coordinated the European VOD release of Postcards from the Zoo, the critically-acclaimed drama from Indonesian director Edwin.
The group has also set up an online platform, currently in its beta phase, together with German service provider Reelport for partners to exchange promotional materials and distribution strategies for upcoming releases.
The Distribution 2.0 project, which receives funding from the European Union's Media Mundus program, plans to file an official report on its progress in the coming months.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR