Cannes Announces Cinefondation L’Atelier Slate
Filmmakers from around the globe are selected for the Festival’s film financing and co-production program.
PARIS: The Festival de Cannes has chosen 15 projects to participate in the 9th edition of the Cinefondation L’Atelier program.
With a focus on building international co-productions, L’Atelier connects promising filmmakers with industry professionals to guide their projects and help secure funding. Since its launch in 2005, 83 projects have been completed and 29 are currently in pre-production.
This year, the program has chosen 15 projects from 14 different countries.
The 2013 slate includes: Niles Attalah with Rey from Chile, Song Chuan with Ciao Ciao from China, Jasmina Matwaly and Philip Rizk with Out/In the Streets from Egypt, Yared Zeleke with Lamb from Ethopia, Emmanuel Finkiel with Je ne suis pas un salaud from France, Yorgos Zois with Stage Fright from Greece, Manjeet Singh with Chenu from India, Shady Srour with Holy Air and Amir Manor with the House on Fin Street both from Israel, Laura Bispuri with Sworn Virgin from Italy, Yaha Alabdallah with Me, Myself and Murdoch from Jordan/Palestine, Jorge Hernandez Aldana with The Heirs from Mexico, Teboho Joscha Edkins with Days of Cannibalism from South Africa, Ozcan Alper with Memories of the Wind from Turkey, and Yuichi Hibi with Road Kill from the United States.
The Festival de Cannes will take place May 15 -26. As announced in early February, Oscar-winning director Jane Campion will head up the Cinefondation section.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!