Cannes: Ari Folman’s 'The Congress' to Open Directors' Fortnight
Robin Wright and Paul Giamatti star in the sci-fi film.
Ari Folman’s The Congress will open the 45th Director’s Fortnight sidebar during the Cannes Film Festival on May 16, the organization announced in a release Friday.
The part-animation and part live-action film stars Robin Wright, Paul Giamatti, Jon Hamm, Harvey Keitel, Danny Huston and Frances Fisher. It is adapted from the sci-fi novel The Futurological Congress by Polish writer Stanislaw Lem.
This marks a return to Cannes for Folman, though in the independent sidebar. His Waltz with Bashir was a competition film in the Official Selection in 2008.
“The Congress is a haunted look on our future and the future of cinema,” said artistic director Edouard Waintrop. He will announce the remaining selections Tuesday.
- Judd Apatow Reveals His Penis Rule and Talks About 'Girls' Sex Scenes Banned by HBO
- New Photos From Kurt Cobain Suicide Released by Seattle Police
- Multiple 'Game of Thrones' Movies Eyed by George R.R. Martin
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR