Cannes: Ari Folman’s 'The Congress' to Open Directors' Fortnight
Robin Wright and Paul Giamatti star in the sci-fi film.
Ari Folman’s The Congress will open the 45th Director’s Fortnight sidebar during the Cannes Film Festival on May 16, the organization announced in a release Friday.
The part-animation and part live-action film stars Robin Wright, Paul Giamatti, Jon Hamm, Harvey Keitel, Danny Huston and Frances Fisher. It is adapted from the sci-fi novel The Futurological Congress by Polish writer Stanislaw Lem.
This marks a return to Cannes for Folman, though in the independent sidebar. His Waltz with Bashir was a competition film in the Official Selection in 2008.
“The Congress is a haunted look on our future and the future of cinema,” said artistic director Edouard Waintrop. He will announce the remaining selections Tuesday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'