Cannes: Audrey Tautou to Host Opening and Closing Ceremonies
The French actress will be mistress of ceremonies during the festival, which runs May 15 to 26.
CANNES – French actress Audrey Tautou will host the opening and closing ceremonies of the Cannes Film Festival when the annual film fete hits town in May.
The 66th edition of the festival will open May 15, and the closing ceremony will be held May 26. Although the list of contenders still is under wraps until festival director Thierry Fremaux unveils the lineup April 18, Baz Luhrmann’s retelling of the quintessential American tale The Great Gatsby will be featured as the opening film, bringing star power to the Croisette with Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire and Carey Mulligan on the red carpet.
Steven Spielberg has been previously announced as the president of this year’s jury, and Palme d’Or winner Jane Campion will preside over the short-film jury.
Tautou, the face of Chanel, is no stranger to Cannes, having walked the red carpet last year for Therese Desqueroux, which closed the festival. She also shot the 2006 film Priceless at the famed Carlton hotel.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR