Cannes: Beta Adds 'Quality Time,' 'Taste of Apple Seeds' to Line-Up
The slate also includes Berlin Festival winner "Child's Pose".
COLOGNE, Germany - German sales outfit Beta Cinema has added two more local-language titles to its Cannes slate, picking up world sales rights for the comedy Quality Time, featuring rising star Florian David Fitz (Vincent Wants to Sea) and The Taste of Apple Seeds, an adaptation of Katharina Hagena's best-seller starring Hannah Herzsprung (Four Minutes).
Other pre-sale titles on Beta's Cannes slate include Philipp Stölzl's period drama The Physician starring Ben Kingsley, Stellan Skarsgard and Tom Payne; and Bernard Rose's biopic The Devil's Violinist, in which world-class musician David Garrett plays the legendary Italian violinist Niccolo Paganini. Beta will also screen the first footage of János Szász' WWII drama The Notebook and continue sales on Calin Peter Netzer's Berlin Film Festival winner Child's Pose and Jan Ole Gerster's Oh Boy, the big winner at last month's German Film Awards.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues