Cannes: Beta Adds 'Quality Time,' 'Taste of Apple Seeds' to Line-Up
The slate also includes Berlin Festival winner "Child's Pose".
COLOGNE, Germany - German sales outfit Beta Cinema has added two more local-language titles to its Cannes slate, picking up world sales rights for the comedy Quality Time, featuring rising star Florian David Fitz (Vincent Wants to Sea) and The Taste of Apple Seeds, an adaptation of Katharina Hagena's best-seller starring Hannah Herzsprung (Four Minutes).
Other pre-sale titles on Beta's Cannes slate include Philipp Stölzl's period drama The Physician starring Ben Kingsley, Stellan Skarsgard and Tom Payne; and Bernard Rose's biopic The Devil's Violinist, in which world-class musician David Garrett plays the legendary Italian violinist Niccolo Paganini. Beta will also screen the first footage of János Szász' WWII drama The Notebook and continue sales on Calin Peter Netzer's Berlin Film Festival winner Child's Pose and Jan Ole Gerster's Oh Boy, the big winner at last month's German Film Awards.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!
- Suki Waterhouse Gets Leggy at the Burberry Shanghai Launch with Cara Delevingne
- Isabel Lucas is Picture Perfect with Jim Sturgess at Tribeca Film Fest!