Cannes: Beta Adds 'Quality Time,' 'Taste of Apple Seeds' to Line-Up
The slate also includes Berlin Festival winner "Child's Pose".
COLOGNE, Germany - German sales outfit Beta Cinema has added two more local-language titles to its Cannes slate, picking up world sales rights for the comedy Quality Time, featuring rising star Florian David Fitz (Vincent Wants to Sea) and The Taste of Apple Seeds, an adaptation of Katharina Hagena's best-seller starring Hannah Herzsprung (Four Minutes).
Other pre-sale titles on Beta's Cannes slate include Philipp Stölzl's period drama The Physician starring Ben Kingsley, Stellan Skarsgard and Tom Payne; and Bernard Rose's biopic The Devil's Violinist, in which world-class musician David Garrett plays the legendary Italian violinist Niccolo Paganini. Beta will also screen the first footage of János Szász' WWII drama The Notebook and continue sales on Calin Peter Netzer's Berlin Film Festival winner Child's Pose and Jan Ole Gerster's Oh Boy, the big winner at last month's German Film Awards.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack