Cannes 2012: Brendan Gleeson, Abbie Cornish to Star in 'An Ordinary Man'
Brad Silberling is directing the contemporary dramatic thriller, which Radiant Films International will shop to foreign buyers at Cannes.
Brendan Gleeson and Abbie Cornish have signed up for dramatic thriller An Ordinary Man, about a war criminal whose only contact is his maid.
Brad Silberling is directing the movie from his own original script. He's also producing via his Reveal Entertainment Banner with Disruptive Media. Other producers are Chris Miller, James Burke and Michael Richter.
Mimi Steinbauer's Radiant Films International will shop the project for foreign buyers at the upcoming Cannes Film Market.
"There's no greater pleasure than crafting a tale for brilliant actors to sink their teeth into, and with Brandon and Abbie, I feel like I've hit the jackpot," Silberling said. "Watching them go toe to toe in this suspenseful tightrope walk of veiled intentions, cat-and-mouse psychology and desperate gambling for human contact -- it will be a filmmaker's dream to capture."
Steinbauer said Silberling has written one of the "smartest scripts I've read in awhile."
Silberling and the film are represented by Rena Ronson at UTA Independent, which is handling domestic sales.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game