Cannes Buyers Hire 'Headhunters' (Cannes 2011)
Distributors hope Morten Tyldum's Nordic crime drama will be the next "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo."
CANNES - Buyers hope they've found the next The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo in new Nordic crime drama Headhunters, which was one of the strongest European sellers in the Cannes market this year.
Sales group TrustNordisk closed deals with Alta Films in Spain, Big Movie in Russia, Czech distributor Aero Films and Brazil's Mares Filmes in a flurry of all rights deals. Other territories locked up since the film's market premiere include the former Yugoslavia (Insomnia), Estonia (Estin Film) and Romania (Independenta Film).
The story of a corporate headhunter and secret art thief, based on the best-seller by Norway's Jo Nesbo, had pre-sold to several territories, with Magnolia picking up U.S. rights in Berlin earlier this year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR