Cannes 2012: Corsan Boards Paul Haggis' 'Third Person'
CANNES – Belgium-U.S. production and sales group Corsan has come on board as a producer and financer of Third Person, the new drama from two-time Oscar winner Paul Haggis (Crash).
The drama features three interlocking storylines, all love stories set in Rome, Paris and New York. Liam Neeson is set to star as a journalist opposite Olivia Wilde playing a New York gossip columnist. Naomi Watts is also believed to be attached. The film is currently in pre-production with principle photography set to begin in September.
“Third Person is a script where life can change on the turn of the page,” said Haggis in a statement. “It is a project that Liam and I identified to work on together and then finding the right financier became the key that we were looking for to unlock what we hope is a great film. Sitting with (Corsan CEO) Paul (Breuls) and seeing that he shared our vision made going forward with Corsan the obvious choice.”
Under the deal, Corsan World Sales will represent all international rights for Third Person, while CAA and Paradigm co-represent the domestic rights.
Third Person is only the latest high-profile title Corsan has taken on. The company’s Cannes slate also includes Robert de Niro/John Travolta-starrer Killing Season from Daredevil director Mark Steven Johnson, which Corsan is producing together with Millennium Films; the period thriller Emperor from The Devil’s Double team of director Lee Tamahori and writer Michael Thomas; the time travel adventure film Singularity from director Roland Joffe starring Josh Hartnett and the Chet Baker biopic The Prince of Cool, which Corsan CEO Paul Breuls is set to direct.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack