Cannes: Download THR's Day 4 Daily
An eventful day in Cannes includes a heist of more than $1 million of Chopard jewelry and Harvey Weinstein presents his slate with a star-studded event.
It was an eventful day at the Cannes film Festival on Friday, leading to several interesting stories in The Hollywood Reporter's Day 4 daily.
Chopard jewels worth more than $1 million were stolen from a Chopard employees hotel room. Cannes police told THR that the value of the stolen jewelry was about $1.4 million, and that the whole safe was taken out of the wall in the hotel room. The suspect was able to get to the safe through an adjoining room with a connecting door.
In what has become an annual Cannes ritual, impresario Harvey Weinstein summoned a crowd full of press and buyers Friday night to the Majestic Hotel for a show-and-tell spotlighting upcoming features from The Weinstein Company.
Asghar Faradi's The Past had its red carpet premiere, featuring The Artist star Berenice Bejo.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed