Cannes 2012: Entertainment One Takes Nordic Action-Adventure 'Escape' From TrustNordisk
The medieval period action film is from Norwegian filmmaker Roar Uthaug, director of the "Cold Prey" horror franchise.
CANNES - Entertainment One has bought North American rights to the Norwegian action-adventure film Escape from sales group TrustNordisk.
The period action movie is from Norwegian director Roar Uthaug, who helmed the successful Nordic horror franchise Cold Prey.
Escape is set in Europe in 1363, in a land torn apart by the plague. Half the population is dead. The other are fighting to survive.
Trust also closed for Australia for the film, signing a deal with Rialto Distribution.
Escape pre-sold to multiple territories in Berlin earlier this year, going to Momentum in the U.K., Koch Media for Germany and Aurum Producciones for Spain, among other deals.
Escape is currently in post-production. Nordisk Film will bow the film in Norway September 28.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR