Cannes: eOne Picks Up U.S. Rights to Naomi Watts' 'Diana'
The Canadian distributor will also release the upcoming biopic on the tragic death of Princess Diana in the UK and Spain.
TORONTO -- Entertainment One has acquired the U.S.rights to the Naomi Watts-starrer Diana, the upcoming biopic on the lead-up to the tragic death of Princess Diana from Embankment Films and Ecosse Films.
The Canadian distributor will also release the picture from Downfall director Oliver Hirschbiegel and writer Stephen Jeffreys in Britain, Canada and Spain.
Currently in post-production, Diana also stars Naveen Andrews (Lost, The English Patient).
The film is produced by Ecosse Films’ Robert Bernstein and Douglas Rae.
“We are thrilled to be bringing Diana home from Cannes,” said Dylan Wiley, vp of theatrical marketing and distribution at eOne Films U.S.
The deal was negotiated by Tim Haslam for Embankment Films and Ecosse Films and Jo Sweby for Entertainment One.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR