Cannes: eOne Picks Up U.S. Rights to Naomi Watts' 'Diana'
The Canadian distributor will also release the upcoming biopic on the tragic death of Princess Diana in the UK and Spain.
TORONTO -- Entertainment One has acquired the U.S.rights to the Naomi Watts-starrer Diana, the upcoming biopic on the lead-up to the tragic death of Princess Diana from Embankment Films and Ecosse Films.
The Canadian distributor will also release the picture from Downfall director Oliver Hirschbiegel and writer Stephen Jeffreys in Britain, Canada and Spain.
Currently in post-production, Diana also stars Naveen Andrews (Lost, The English Patient).
The film is produced by Ecosse Films’ Robert Bernstein and Douglas Rae.
“We are thrilled to be bringing Diana home from Cannes,” said Dylan Wiley, vp of theatrical marketing and distribution at eOne Films U.S.
The deal was negotiated by Tim Haslam for Embankment Films and Ecosse Films and Jo Sweby for Entertainment One.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Isabel Lucas & Jim Sturgess Bring 'Electric Slide' to Tribeca Film Fest!
- Sofia Vergara's 'Fading Gigalo' Threesome Scene: I Was a Little Nervous!
- Leighton Meester Enjoyed Easter Dinner with Husband Adam Brody - Find Out the Romantic Details! (Exclusive)
- Emma Stone Publicly Questions Boyfriend Andrew Garfield's Views on Femininity - Watch Now!