Cannes: Fan Bingbing Joins Jackie Chan Action Comedy 'Skiptrace'
Exclusive Media has come aboard to co-produce and co-finance the movie with Beijing's Talent International Film Co.
Rising international star Fan Bingbing will star opposite action icon Jackie Chan in Skiptrace. The English-language film is based on an original idea by Chan about a Hong Kong detective and American gambler who set out to take down Hong Kong's most notorious criminal.
In another key development, Exclusive Media has come aboard to co-produce and co-finance the action comedy with Beijing-based production and distribution company Talent International Film Co., guaranteeing that the film will get a slot at the Chinese box office. David Gerson is producing.
Skiptrace will be shopped to foreign buyers this month at the Cannes Film Market by Exclusive president of international sales and distribution Alex Walton (Chan and Bingbing will personally pitch international distributors).
In the comedy, the detective (Chan) and the gambler -- a role yet to be cast -- form an unlikely partnership as they embark on a wild journey to find the criminal mastermind. Settings will include many of China's most scenic and exotic locales. It isn't know what role Fan will play.
Jay Longino wrote the script, with The Sitter scribes Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka co-writing.
Skiptrace comes almost two decades after Talent International Film Group president Esmond Ren first worked with Chan on The Legend of Drunken Master (1994).
Chan was most recently in theaters with Chinese 12 Zodiac, which he directed, wrote, produced and starred in.
Fan, a fashion icon, has starred in numerous Chinese films. She's now shooting her first Hollywood tentpole, 20th Century Fox's X-Men: Day of Future Past.
Chan and Fan are both repped by WME. Longino is repped by WME, Roar and attorney Todd Rubenstein of Morris/Yorn.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack