Cannes: 'Fast and Furious' Spoof 'Superfast!' Sells Wide
K5 locks up deals for Germany, Russia and Italy for the film from the makers of "Meet The Spartans".
Cannes buyers have hopped aboard Superfast!, a spoof of the Fast and Furious racing franchise, with sales group K5 International closing deals for multiple territories as the market kicked off.
K5 finalized deals with Wild Bunch in Germany, Volga in Russia, Italian distributor Lucky Red, Falcon in the Middle East and Sun in Latin America for the film.
Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, co-writers on the Scary Movie spoof films, are co-writing and co-directing Superfast!, which their long time collaborator Peter Safran will produce through his Safran Company shingle and fully finance.
The writing duo is quickly becoming a spoof machine. Superfast! follows four similar mock-the-hit features - Date Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans and Vampires Suck, which together have grossed more than $350 million at the worldwide box office.
“These guys have no reverse gear. They probably don’t have first or second either. This is going to be one ridiculously funny ride!" said K5 partner Cliff Clifton, who announced the deal together with K5 co-founders Oliver Simon and Daniel Baur.
K5 said buyers pounced on Superfast! right out of the gate in Cannes, and the company is finalizing deals for several other territories.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR