Cannes 2012: David Cronenberg’s 'Cosmopolis' Confirmed for Film Festival
A trailer for the film starring Robert Pattinson, Juliette Binoche and Paul Giamatti hit the Internet just hours before the festival’s official lineup announcement in Paris, confirming its selection.
PARIS - Just hours before Cannes film festival bosses Gilles Jacob and Thierry Fremaux were set to announce this year’s lineup at the 65th annual festival, a trailer for David Cronenberg’s Cosmopolis hit the Internet, confirming the film’s inclusion in the official selection at Cannes.
The first few seconds of the trailer included the festival's signature "Competition Officielle Festival de Cannes" stamp and golden palm logo.
Based on a Don DeLillo novel, Cosmopolis stars Robert Pattinson as a billionaire heading across Manhattan for a haircut as he risks assassination and financial turmoil. The film boasts an international cast including Juliette Binoche, Paul Giamatti, Sarah Gadon and Jay Baruchel.
It wasn't immediately clear whether the film would bow as part of the Cannes competition or in an out-of-competition slot.
The trailer for Cosmopolis can be viewed here.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram