The Hollywood Reporter Launches 'Festivals' App
THR's Mobile App Offers Comprehensive Film Festival Screening Guides, News, Reviews, Red Carpet Photos, Party Coverage & Industry Indexing.
The Hollywood Reporter launched its Festivals App, a free full-scale app for mobile devices that offers all of THR's top coverage — including breaking news, reviews and up-to-the-minute updates on screenings, as well as red carpet photos, behind-the-scenes videos and (of course) an exclusive look inside the parties — from the 65th annual Cannes Film Festival to upcoming festivals around the globe. The THR Festivals App, the first tablet app developed specifically for the world's most prestigious film festivals, is available for free on iTunes.
The app was developed with GENWI, the leader in cloud publishing, by leveraging GENWI’s cloud-based mobile Content Management System (mCMS).
"THR has always offered the best and most comprehensive Cannes coverage," says The Hollywood Reporter Editorial Director Janice Min. "With the launch of the THR Festivals app, it will now all be in real time, in one place, and wrapped in a gorgeous interface."
In addition to news and features, the THR Festivals app also provides content and coverage for the 30,000 film industry attendees of the Cannes Film Festival. The app's main features include:
● Festival Screening Guides: Includes screening information about the 19 films officially in the Cannes competition.
● Festival News: All the info on awards buzz, dealmaking and industry gossip.
● Show Dailies: Downloadable PDFs of THR's extensive printed daily edition produced throughout the Berlin, Cannes, Toronto, and Busan festivals.
● Movie Reviews: THR's top critics on all the films in and out of competition.
● Galleries: Red carpet slideshows from movie premieres — curated by THR's style editors.
● Videos: A-list interviews, studio stunts and new movie trailers.
● Map: Map of Cannes with pins indicating the locations of theaters, parties and other events held in Cannes and surrounding areas. If a tablet is GPS-enabled, attendees can see where they are in relation to those locations.
For industry attendees, the app also contains:
● Market Screening Guide: Contains 1,800 movie screenings that can be easily sorted by date and theater.
● Product Listing: 3,800 industry vendor listings with details about which films at Cannes they are affiliated with, provided by The Hollywood Reporter’s partner Cinando.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR