Cannes 2012: THR's Daily Day 1
Economic woes could lead to downturn after last year’s record dealmaking.
Today's stories from the Cannes Film Festival include:
Euro Crisis Casts Shadow Over Market
While all sides predict a good Marche du Film, there are big pressures facing buyers and sellers, including a flood of a new sales campaniles and dramatically weakened Euro.
Brosnan/ Donaldson Reteam for November Man
Pierce Brosnan's longtime passion project November Man is moving ahead, with Roger Donaldson on board to direct the espionage action-thriller and Dominic Cooper set to star opposite Brosnan.
Mandela Documentary Generates Pre-Market Buzz
Buyers are circling a feature documentary billed as the definitive story of Nelson Mandela's life and loves which is making its market debut in Cannes. U.K. Banner Kaleidoscope Film Distribution is kicking off pre-sales for Mandela's Children, about the former South African president and freedom fighter.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!