Cannes 2012: THR's Daily Day 1
Economic woes could lead to downturn after last year’s record dealmaking.
Today's stories from the Cannes Film Festival include:
Euro Crisis Casts Shadow Over Market
While all sides predict a good Marche du Film, there are big pressures facing buyers and sellers, including a flood of a new sales campaniles and dramatically weakened Euro.
Brosnan/ Donaldson Reteam for November Man
Pierce Brosnan's longtime passion project November Man is moving ahead, with Roger Donaldson on board to direct the espionage action-thriller and Dominic Cooper set to star opposite Brosnan.
Mandela Documentary Generates Pre-Market Buzz
Buyers are circling a feature documentary billed as the definitive story of Nelson Mandela's life and loves which is making its market debut in Cannes. U.K. Banner Kaleidoscope Film Distribution is kicking off pre-sales for Mandela's Children, about the former South African president and freedom fighter.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR